Premiere People Healthcare are seeking to recruit a band 5 Optometrist on behalf of a NHS client.
The post holder will work under the direction of the Head / Deputy Heads of Optometry to deliver core optometry services to the highest standards of quality and care. The post holder, in addition to delivering direct clinical optometric care to patients across sites may be required to assist with grading retinal images in the Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Programme and Macular Services.
The post holder will also be expected to undertake delegated administrative duties relating to the optometry service and clinical audit/research as agreed with the Head / Deputy Head of Optometry
Main Duties / Responsibilities
* To undertake a broad range of core optometry services. These include paediatric and adult refraction, low vision assessment, visual assessment of adults with learning disability, corneal topography, colour vision assessment, dispensing of optical aids, medical contact lens management and verification of contact lenses and spectacles.
* To undertake grading of retinal images in the Macula or Diabetic Retinopathy Service.
* To provide optometric care to patients attending the regional macular service.
* To participate in a programme for the advanced development of personal clinical expertise in accordance with individual performance objectives which are agreed with the Head and Deputy Head of Optometry. This will take the form of annual staff development review.
* To work in a multi-disciplinary environment and communicate effectively with other relevant healthcare professionals e.g. orthoptists, ophthalmologists, ophthalmic nursing staff, rehabilitation workers, social workers, day-care workers, technical staff and administrative staff.
* To accurately assess and measure visual function, analyse and interpret clinical tests and provide the appropriate optical intervention. This will involve discussing and advising on alternative optical appliances. To perform techniques requiring highly developed skills with significant levels of hand, eye and sensory co-ordination e.g. Slit lamp bio microscopy, handling of contact lenses, instillation of ophthalmic drugs.
* To be able to work autonomously in outreach clinics.
* To manage own clinical workload.
* To collect figures for patient throughput.
* To contribute to the development of clinical protocols and best working practice.
* To maintain stock control in individual outreach clinics and ensure equipment is in working order.
* To keep accurate patient records and record clinical activity.
* To abide by all Trust policies and comply with health and safety regulations.
* BSc (Hons) in Optometry (2:2 or above)
* Current GOC registration
* MCOptom or equivalent
* Hold a current full driving licence valid in UK with access to a car
Please contact the Healthcare team on 02890 720104 for more information.
Experience: 0 yrs