Premiere People Healthcare are seeking to recruit Medical Laboratory Assistants on behalf of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
The post-holder will facilitate the Belfast Trust Laboratories in the technical and practical aspects of delivering a comprehensive service. This includes booking in, processing, labelling, cataloguing, storage and retrieval of samples. The post holder will operate various analysers and instruments under supervision. The post-holder will undertake other general laboratory routine and non-routine tasks, which do not require the skill and training of a state registered Biomedical Scientist.
- Perform general sample reception and pre-analytical duties.
- Sort and distribute specimens.
- Assist in data processing within the laboratories.
- Sort and distribute laboratory reports.
- Receipt, delivery and storage of goods where appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and efficient working area.
- Prepare appropriate solutions/reagents where necessary.
- Remove and dispose of laboratory waste according to departmental procedures.
- Be aware of and adhere to all current Health and Safety regulations.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels of consumables required for the service delivery and produce supply orders for authorisation by the appropriate staff.
- Communicate effectively with the laboratory team and users of the service.
- Supporting and assisting covid testing is part of the role
2 GCSE's (Grades A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent PLUS 2 year's relevant laboratory experience.
4 GCSE's (Grades A-C) including Maths and English or equivalent PLUS 1 year's relevant laboratory experience.
NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in a science related subject.
Applicants must be able to supply evidence from either a GP or Occupational Health Department confirming dates you have obtained the below vaccinations:
- MMR - dates of two injections
- Polio Diphtheria and Tetanus - dates of all three
- Hep B and hep A- dates of all three injections - titre results etc
- Bcg if obtained
From more information please contact a member of the Healthcare Team on 02890 720104
Experience: 0 yrs