Acting as an Employment Business, Kennedy Health & Social Care would like to invite applications for the position of Healthcare Assistant/Phlebotomist for a private GP Practice within the Belfast Area. This is a tempoary position offering 2 days a week for approximately four months commencing September 2016. Days offered are every Monday and Wednesday.
Clinical Duties include:
* Carry out procedures; treatments; observations as delegated by Registered Nursing Staff or Medical Practitioner. This may include wound management, phlebotomy, vital signs monitoring, ECGs, administration of eye drops, together with any other duties appropriate to the post.
* Assist with specialist clinics if appropriate.
* To participate in screening procedures and health promotion as required.
* Assist Registered Nursing Staff in checking administration of medication and equipment, including safe storage and safe disposal of same.
* Liaise with Registered Nursing staff or Medical Practitioners in relation to information regarding the patient; document any changes in patient's condition or circumstances which might impact on their treatment.
* Liaise with the Practice Team to ensure smooth running of treatment room, all clinics and procedures, and achievement of agreed objectives.
* Promote a safe welcoming environment for patients, carers and staff. Bring any potential hazard to the attention of the Registered Nurse or the Practice Manager as appropriate.
* Adhere to Practice policies in relation to the safe and appropriate disposal of clinical waste and sharps.
* Responsible or the use, maintenance and safe storage of equipment and medical supplies, carry out and record daily checks as directed by the Treatment Room Sister.
* Ensure standards of personal hygiene are maintained and uniforms are clean, neat and tidy at all times.
* Report concerns regarding abuse or neglect of any patient in line with the Practice policy.
* Report all accidents, incidents or complaints related to patients or staff to the GP or the Practice Manager as appropriate, complete appropriate documentation, i.e. complaint form, significant event form etc.
* Communicate effectively within the treatment room and with the wider Practice team as a whole.
* Maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to patients, carers and staff in accordance with Practice guidelines and adherence to data protection requirements. Patient information is not for discussion amongst the team unless it is pertinent to their care.
* Ensure patient records and documentation are maintained as per Practice Policy.
* Responsible for adhering to Practice Procedures and Protocols and guidelines under the Health & Safety at Work Act in such areas as:
Manual Handling, Basic Life Support, C.O.S.H, Infection Control, Child Protection, Safe Environment, Clinical Waste etc.
BENEFITS OF AGENCY WORK:
* Flexible working hours
* Weekly pay
* Holiday Pay entitlement
* Free Uniform given
* Free On Line Training
* Career Development Planning
* 24 hour support available
* Friendly and professional staff committed to your career
Experience: * 6 months experience within a similar role. To apply for this position and arrange an immediate interview, please contact Kennedy Health & Social Care on (028) 9033 3990, or forward your current CV, using the link provided. Please quote relevant Vacancy Number 11326. Kennedy Health & Social Care is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)
* Experience using Vision Computer System.
* Proven track record working as part of a team.
* Pre Requisite Training Requirements: Basic Life Support, Manual Handling. Venepuncture (Phlebotomy Training). Other training will may required, however, this can be offered by the agency free of charge.
* 6 months experience within a similar role.
To apply for this position and arrange an immediate interview, please contact Kennedy Health & Social Care on (028) 9033 3990, or forward your current CV, using the link provided. Please quote relevant Vacancy Number 11326.
Kennedy Health & Social Care is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)