Your new company
We are working exclusively with Simon Community NI which is Northern Ireland's leading homeless charity. Simon Community work without judgement to support people who are, or are at risk of becoming homeless.
Your new role
As Youth Outreach Manager you will case manage young people with complex needs aged 16 - 19 years old that are living in the community. You will be critical in helping to design the model of support which will ensure young people maintain sustainable accommodation and end homelessness for this group. In addition to this you will line manage the Flexible Outreach Team made up of 11 support workers to ensure a service is available to the service users on 24/7 basis.
This is a Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 20022 working 35 hours per week within a community setting in the Greater Belfast area. Hours of work will be Mon - Fri 9 - 5, however flexibility will be required due to the nature of the service. Annual salary depending on skills and experience £25,646 - £28,150 pa plus additional benefits.
What you'll need to succeed
- Third level qualification in social work, youth and community work, housing advice or equivalent;
Three years' recent full time paid experience of managing services supporting young people with complex needs in a community setting or similar environment;
- Five years' recent full time paid experience of managing services supporting young people with complex needs in a community setting or similar environment.
(Your experience must include least three of the following: mental health problems, drug and alcoholissues, challenging behaviours, history of offending, youth homelessness)
- Two years' experience of budget management and responsibility.
- Two years recent experience of managing and supervising staff within a similar setting.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting staff in practice development and implementation of models of practice.
- A good working knowledge of housing, health and social services legislation and services for vulnerable young people.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work independently and in line with SCNI's policies and procedures.
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications.
- Valid driving licence and access to a car or other form of transport to undertake duties associated with the role.
What you'll get in return
Fixed term contract
Pension auto enrolment and Death in Service benefit
Westfield Health Benefit
25 days annual holiday entitlement a year (increasing 1 per year to max of 30 plus 12 customary holidays Career Breaks
Tax smart travel card
Employers for childcare vouchers
Plus many more
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs