Your new company
A well known charity who provide support to service users with complex needs including Drug / Alcohol Addiction, Homelessness and Mental Health issues.
Your new role
As a Project Worker based in Belfast, you will actively promote and maintain an inclusive low threshold, high tolerance approach in service delivery, encompassing a harm reduction ethos where appropriate. You will be accepting referrals from other bodies and will assess any potential service user. You will carry out risk assessments and support plans and will carry out case management of identified service users. You will make sure the service user gets referred to appropriate external agencies when required and will promote and encourage independence and assist the service users with coping strategies to move on.
What you'll need to succeed
- Two years' experience of working within social care in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues affecting those who are homeless with multi-complex needs.
- An ability and willingness to work to a rota that includes early, late and waking night shifts and covers weekdays and weekends.
- Ability to demonstrate communication skills (written and verbal) in application form and at interview.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of ICT and use of Microsoft Office and email.
- Be registered or eligible for registration with NISCC within 1 month of employment
What you'll get in return
Fantastic experience within an organisation who can offer you long term work. This is a challenging role but extremely rewarding. You will receive a salary of £18,518 which equates to £10.64 per hour, you will be paid on a weekly basis and will work 37.5 hours per week on a shift pattern basis. FREE Access NI
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs