Night Duty Care Assistants
Location: Ballyclare, Belfast
Rate of Pay: £7.76 per hour
Hamilton Nursing Home are seeking to recruit full time night duty care assistants on a permanent basis in Ballyclare. We are looking for caring and motivated staff to join our team
The Hamilton Nursing Home was established in 1987 and is a family run home. It is nurse run with both the proprietor and her daughter experienced staff nurses. HPNH is a very special home which is capable of combining professionalism with friendship and loving care. The family and staff work are determined to keep the nursing home as homely as possible where each resident is treated with the same care that they would wish for a member of their own family. Our home is very newly refurbished and has been described by everyone that visits as boutique hotel.
- As a Care Assistant you will assist our residents in all aspects of daily living. This includes: feeding, toileting, washing and dressing.
- Attend and participate in handover from nursing staff taking instruction from the nurse in charge with regards to the priorities for the shift ahead.
- Maintain records as directed by nursing staff / team leaders.
- Demonstrate a professional and caring attitude towards elderly residents, their relatives and colleagues adhering to confidentiality at all times.
- Professional telephone manner & personal contact.
- Participate in activities with residents.
- Demonstrate a high level of observation skills.
- Attendance at all mandatory training sessions is a requirement.
- Candidates should ideally be fully flexible to work on a rota basis Monday to Sunday.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Previous experience of working as a Care Assistant within a healthcare/residential setting would be an advantage but is not essential.
- It is desirable but not essential that applicants hold NVQ (National Vocational Qualifications) II in Health & Social Care.
- This post is subject to an Access NI check and satisfactory references. Probationary period of 6 months.
Please forward your CV using the apply button below.