Our client, a large Government Organisation require a temporary Probation Service Officer to start ASAP until 31/03/2018
Rate of Pay: 0 - 12 weeks £7.75ph
13+ weeks £11.57ph
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hours: 37 hours per week
Direct service delivery to offenders and others as appropriate in line with PBNI standards and policy provision. There are three roles in which a Probation Service Officer may work, these are:-
- Court Officer
- Community Service
- Delivery of Programmes
- Contribute to assessments by providing information to others on clients (re community service/programmes etc.).
- Undertake duties in court, if required, including the provision of information to sentencers, court officers and officials, legal representatives and court users as appropriate. Interview offenders' pre and post sentence.
- May be required to directly supervise offenders carrying out community service work.
- Promoting community service and canvassing organisations for placement/project opportunities, and estimating duration of projects.
- Adherence to and enforcement of applicable Health and Safety at Work requirements in all aspects of work undertaken in community service.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance, security and disposal of community service equipment and supplies, and for identifying equipment and supplies needed to facilitate service delivery with regards to community service.
- Ensure effective liaison, communication and working relationships with colleagues, service providers and external agencies.
- Maintain accurate and timely records, including electronic records, in accordance with requirements. Maintain standards for security and confidentiality of information. Provision of statistics and other data/information as required.
- Work in accordance with effective practice principles, adherence to service standards, policy and procedures in all elements of work. Use of appropriate methods and models of work to ensure the delivery of a high quality service.
- It is essential to have a driving licence and use of a car although consideration will be given to reasonable adjustment in respect of disability.
- Have atleast2years' experience of direct contact with offenders in regard to one of the following.
- Accommodation provision
- Experience of working with groups in a facilitation role. (essential for the programmes role)
- Employment/education skills
- Security of offenders
- Have similar 2 years' experience in another area of social work, social care, criminal justice youth and/or community work.
- Proven administrative skills in processing and recording information including electronically.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan or Sinead McGivern will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
this role may be filled very quickly but we will keep your details on file for any future roles we get in that you may be interested in
Experience: 0 yrs