Assertive Outreach Worker
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week including unsocial hours
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Assertive Outreach Worker for one of Northern Ireland's most recognised Charities. Our client provides vital and potentially life saving potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year. Our client offers a wide variety of support to marginalised people based on ethos of acceptance and delivering services unconditionally.
To reduce rough sleeping in Belfast by meaningful engagement with new and entrenched Rough Sleepers many of whom have complex and multiple needs. The Assertive Outreach Worker will work as part of a team on a shift basis enabling Rough Sleepers to access, appropriate accommodation and support services which will help them to move on from the street.
- Identify and engage with people who are potentially sleeping rough in order to verify them as Rough Sleepers
- Develop effective relationships with Rough Sleepers both new and entrenched making particular efforts to break down barriers with those who are reluctant to access support and accommodation
- Work within the 'No Second Night Out' initiative to ensure Rough Sleepers do not have to spend a second night on the street
- Identify potential accommodation providers and housing pathways for Rough Sleepers
- Ensure all Rough Sleepers have made a homeless application, points are maximised and areas of choice are realistic
- Maintain accurate records including, handovers, contact notes, case files etc.
- Co-operate with the monitoring framework in order to enable external evaluation of the service
- Keep abreast of relevant developments in the sector including training and other opportunities relevant to the post
- Ensure all vulnerable adults and children at risk are safeguarded appropriately
- 6 months experience of working with homeless people or rough sleepers with complex needs OR 6 months experience working within the fields of addiction or mental health or criminal justice system or a similar environment OR Relevant experience that would be transferable to the post
- Ability to develop Needs Assessments and Support Plans and manage a Key Worker case load
- Able to manage challenging individuals and situations
- Knowledge of benefits relevant to single homeless people
- Able to work shift hours as required including early mornings, evening and weekends.
- 2 years driving experience with current clean licence and ability to safely drive a Transporter
Remuneration & Benefits Package
You will receive a salary of £18,564 per annum, generous holiday entitlement, pension and access to excellent training and continued personal development
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.
Experience: 0 yrs