Permanent Staff Nurses – All Grades for Theatre to include a Senior Staff Nurse (2 Posts)
- Senior Staff Nurse – Full Time (37.5 hours)
- Theatre Nurse – Full or Part Time (hours negotiable)
At our day procedure facility on the Lisburn Road, close to Belfast City Centre, we at Fitzwilliam Clinic pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering our services to the highest possible standards. This is only possible with a fantastic team of experienced, capable and skilled medical staff. In order to maintain those standards we wish to interview for a Senior Staff Nurse (full time) with a minimum of 3 years relevant theatre and clinical experience in a similar environment and a Theatre Staff Nurse (either full or part time) which presents a great opportunity for a theatre nurse experienced in either scrubbing, flooring, anaesthetics or recovery to join our team.
The successful candidates will be flexible in their working patterns, predominantly Monday to Friday (no night shift requirements) and already possess the relevant experience of either scrubbing, flooring, anaesthetics and/or recovery. The ability to be responsible for the assessment of care needs along with having the ability to adopt the established programmes of care is essential. The post holders will be expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision.
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package which includes pension and private healthcare.
As members of the clinical team, the nurses will participate in and contribute to:
- Patient care focused assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Professional decision making.
- Effective team working, maintaining staff relationships and morale.
- Delivery of consistently high standards of medical care and attention.
- Relevant clinical skills and functions commensurate with the role requirements.
- Carry out evidence based practice and agreed care pathways.
- Demonstrable understanding of the concepts of role modelling including person centred nursing, professional standards of practice and the supervision of untrained staff.
Ideal Candidates (Essential Criteria):
- Must be a registered, experienced nurse on Part 1 (Adult) of the NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council) Register.
- Theatre experience including scrub, anaesthesia, flooring and recovery or any combination of these.
- Proven ability to communicate assertively, effectively and sensitively with patients and clients and across the various range of situations experienced in a patient focused, healthcare environment.
- Demonstrable ability to identify, challenge, report and remedy potential risk / clinical risk situations.
- Working knowledge of the NMC Scope of Professional Practice and Code of Conduct.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage workflows and responsibilities.
- Strong analytical ability including assessment of situations and making informed judgements.
For a full job description, please CLICK DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PACK.
The closing date for applications is 10th August 2020.
CVs detailing all required experience should be emailed to DeniseShields@fitzwilliamclinic.com . We expect a high response and would advise that if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date that you have not been selected for interview.
Fitzwilliam Clinic is an equal opportunities employer.