Independent News & Media (INM), Ireland’s leading news publisher is seeking applications for the role of journalist for the Belfast Telegraph.
The role holder will provide general news content across print and digital platforms, working both on and off diary to provide readers with comprehensive and engaging news coverage and analysis.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide well written, accurate and legally compliant copy, displaying a fair and balanced approach.
- Provide in-depth analysis where required.
- Conduct investigations and campaigns.
- Create visually attractive content liaising with relevant stakeholders e.g. graphic artists and photographers.
- Adhere to the Editors' Code of Practice, INM's contractual obligations to IPSO and INM’s internal ethics and libel policy.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years' weekly or one year’s daily newspaper experience.
- Journalism qualification, ideally from an NCTJ-approved course.
- Good working knowledge of current affairs.
- Some knowledge of public administration eg Stormont Assembly and local councils.
- Experience of court reporting and tribunals would be advantageous.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com no later than Monday 4th June 2018.
Applicants must also include a completed monitoring form which is available by clicking on the DOWNLOAD BUTTON.
INM Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.