Communication Officer (12 Months)
VANRATH are working with one of Northern Ireland's top employers to recruit a Communications officer. This is a unique temporary opportunity to join a small dynamic and highly effective Communications Team.
The Communications team work collaboratively across the business and operate internally with management teams and employees on a broad range of communication opportunities and acts as the key coordinator for a variety of external communication providers.
The Communications Officer role is a challenging but rewarding with excellent opportunities to continue to develop within the communications profession. This is a broad role and there are opportunities to develop into other areas through portfolio roles.
As the Communications Officer you will play a key role in the team and will be expected to perform a full and comprehensive internal communication service across the organisation. You will work on both operational and strategic projects to support the delivery of the Communications team's key objectives.
- Strategic development and implementation of social media strategy.
- Training of contact agents to deliver social media communications with the appropriate tone of voice.
- Creating weekly content plans for the social media channels in collaboration with diverse teams.
- Creating, implementing and measuring digital campaigns.
- Sole management of the company's Linked In and Instagram channels.
- Leading the company's digital response during periods of crisis management.
- Supporting online communications, including the management of the NIE Networks' website and social media channels.
- Digital analysis of the social media and digital marketing campaigns performance in order to drive improvements or develop new strategies or approaches.
- Responsibility for drafting and uploading appropriate content for the NIE Networks' website and intranet.
- Key advisory role on the NIE Networks' Digital Steering Group.
- Editing and designing the monthly internal briefing magazine.
- Sourcing and copy writing internal 'value-based' stories for the intranet and group publications.
- Organisation of key events.
- Responsibility for internal communications and increasing staff engagement by promoting and supporting a culture of dialogue across the whole of the business.
- Preparing multi channel communication strategies for projects and campaigns, working closely with business departments to help communicate key messages internally and externally.
- Monitoring and providing a monthly report on print, broadcast and online coverage and keep a watching brief on stories developing in the wider sector.
- Liaising with and managing external contractors such as photographers, graphic designers and contractors for a number of annual internal and external events
- Ensuring effective media coverage, using appropriate methods and responding to all press enquiries in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with business units to ensure reactive, proactive and topical stories are being issued to the media in a timely fashion.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum of two years experience in a similar role.
- Communications degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience of social media management.
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet work deadlines.
- The applicant will also be required to be on-call outside normal office hours.
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales or Marketing jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link on this page, or contact Megan Kelly in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250.
Experience: 0 yrs