MCS Group is currently working exclusively with Bedeck to recruit an experienced E-Commerce Manager for their innovative, forward-thinking, and customer focused business.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director and holding responsibility for the Online Sales Team, the E-Commerce Manager will be responsible for developing, driving and implementing Bedeck's e-commerce strategy to maximise sales and profitability, and also make a significant impact on the overall e-commerce position and grow on-line turnover.
Bedeck, now a third-generation family-owned business, was established in 1951 as a linen handkerchief manufacturer. They pride themselves on their constant innovation, creativity and commitment. With over 70 years' experience in home textile design, they have experienced significant growth, including online sales, and are now one of UK's largest providers of bed and bath linens, with an extensive portfolio of respected global lifestyle brands.
They have exciting plans for both the online and international expansion of the business and require an experienced Ecommerce Manager to lead a busy Ecommerce Team and deliver successful campaigns across both Domestic and International Markets, including Europe, the Middle East and Australasia.
- Be responsible for overall website sales and profitability performance and online trading. Work closely with the IT team on continuous improvement to the website and digital systems.
- Relentless emphasis on customer acquisition, conversions and maximising AOV to incorporate the digital marketing strategy including PPC, SEO, affiliate, email and social media marketing.
- Optimisation of the Bedeck website to maximise conversion and hit projected passenger and revenue targets each session.
- Analysis of visitor's behaviour to inform development priorities and multi-variant tests aimed at improving conversion rates.
- Ensure the accuracy of web analytics and reporting performance appropriate to the business.
- Manage the annual online marketing budget, customer acquisition and e-commerce, with regular review and reporting on ROI of each activity.
- Support Directors in key decisions on business strategy and digital marketing.
- Manage the implementation of the strategy, getting the most out of internal and external agencies.
- Continually review the relevance and commercial potential of new areas of digital development, and make recommendations to the board.
- Work with NPD manager and other to promote an engaging and exciting product range.
- Merchandising the Bedeck product and tactical offers to achieve the best possible sales result, keeping the offer pages fresh and appealing.
- Recommending and managing user experience improvements based on best practice and testing data.
- Responsibility for web development work from a customer and commercial performance perspective.
- Ensuring any developments improve customer experience and have customer use at their heart.
- Be accountable for identifying and driving products and promotions.
- Manage and develop tools for comparative evaluation of different channels, quality and quantity of customers.
- Conduct regular and in-depth analysis of customer trends and patterns and act on this analysis to inform short, medium and long term strategy.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department, External Agencies to shape the web development strategy based on commercial upside and deliver developments to budget to schedule.
- Ensure best in class content is delivered in the best possible way by the site and the site remains on-brand as the key communication channel. Also needs to operate sensitively to the overall Bedeck business.
- Effective communication of available functionality to the business with regards current e-commerce infrastructure.
- Continually refine and optimise the customer UX on site.
- Ensure fraudulent transactions are regularly reviewed and appropriate settings are made to prevent fraudulent techniques being used.
- Carry out any other project.ad-hoc duties as required.
- Participate in regular team meetings for communication, training and motivational purposes.
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience at a senior level in e-commerce and e-tailing.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good working knowledge and experience of e-commerce activities, digital marketing, PPC, SEO. Affiliated and Email marketing.
- Experience of managing platforms at manager level with technical skills in e-commerce strategic planning, business, financial principles and e-commerce market development.
- Experience of content management systems. Previous experience using web analytics and other tools to identify opportunities for improvement.
- A strong B2C e-commerce background.
- A competent decision maker with the ability to develop, own and build a strategic e-commerce plan for the site.
- A strong track-record of managing and developing a team. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage external Agencies.
- Proven track-record of increasing sales and traffic to designated websites.
- Project Management implementation.
- Previous experience in an e-commerce role.
- Must be able to undertake UK wide and occasional overseas travel if needed whilst at the same time delivering results in a very high profile position within the organisation.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK should be detailed in your CV and confirmation of proof will be required before any interview can be offered.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- A full, clean driving licence.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan McMahon, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456?
Experience: 0 yrs