Abacus Temporary staffing are delighted to be working with our client, a local not for profit organisation who have been in existence within our local community for over 20 years as they seek to appoint a temporary Events Officer to join their team.
The Events officer position is a new role which has been created within the organisation to promote the organisations purpose and values across Northern Ireland and beyond. The successful applicant will be responsible for budget management and the creation and execution of seasonal and annual plans.
It is the role of the events officer to deliver substantial programs of outreach activities across several community groups, educational establishments and with existing paid partnerships that are currently in existence.
You will also be responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- Governance and compliance
- Pre-event planning arrangement of location, guest speaker etc
- Post event evaluation
- Arrangement of workshops and other mini events
- Management of a programme of conferences and events.
- Applicants must hold minimum of 5 GCSE's Including Maths and English
- Applicants must hold a 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. marketing, project management etc
- 3 years event or project management experience
- 5 years event and project management experience if you do not hold a 3rd level qualification
- Previous working experience of managing budgets
- Previous written and oral experience involving communication with a wide and varied audience
- Experience in managing several projects at one time and working towards deadlines.
- Applicants MUST have a driving licence and use of a car
**Only applicants who meet the essential criteria will be considered**
- Long term temporary role with view of becoming a permanent position
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Competitive rate of pay
- Weekly pay each Friday
Laura Kearney Laura@abacus.careers 02890313157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Group on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs