Your new company
Established in 1958 and is in Top 100 Northern Ireland Company and one of the country's most successful independent manufacturing companies. The company employs around 1000 employees across their UK sites, with head office proudly situated in Co. Antrim.
Your new role
To carry out required tasks and duties on production lines, including ancillary equipment and machinery to ensure that production materials, processes and finished products conform to standards and specifications.
To ensure that production materials are supplied to machines in conformance with specification.
? To set-up, start-up and control production machinery and ancillary equipment as required by the department.
? To ensure that the production process is maintained in accordance with the required quality standards.
? To ensure that finished products conform to pre-determined standards and specifications.
? To deal with non-conforming materials, processes and products in accordance with Company procedures.
? To ensure that adequate standards of safety, housekeeping and cleanliness are applied and maintained in the workplace.
? To participate in training and improvement activities and to train others as required.
? Responsible for the allocation of Operators to machines / duties to ensure that all required work is carried out on their shift in the absence of a Team Leader.
? To be willing and capable to learn new and established processes and procedures within given time-scales as required by the Production Manager.
? To ensure that all output and product output sheets are completed on their shift and that any problems relating to scrap or downtime are clearly documented.
Shifts Operate a variety of shift patterns which rotate fortnightly on days / nights. Shifts are 12 hours (which may include some weekend working depending on your shift pattern). A shift premium is paid and will vary depending on your shift pattern.
What you'll need to succeed
- have a minimum of 2 years in a technical / mechanical role;
- demonstrate a clear understanding of performance targets;
- demonstrate a clear understanding of day to day activities which would include (housekeeping / H&S / recycling / energy efficiency);
- have good manual dexterity skills;
- be pro-active in solving technical / process issues;
and ideally have:-
- a technical qualification in mechanical or production engineering;
- familiarity with plastics processing and extrusion experience;
- experience of TPM preferably in a continuous processing environment;
- have experience of shift work (including nights and weekends) ;
What you'll get in return
Permanent role with an attractive salary. Pension and Health scheme. PRP and uniform provided.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs