Litigation Solicitor - Belfast - Public Sector Organisation
MCS Group have been appointed a public sector organisation based in Belfast to help them recruit a Litigation Solicitor on a temporary ongoing basis.
Are these the key phrases you're looking for?
- Public Sector Organisation
- Strong case load
What do the firm want?
- A minimum 5-year PQE Solicitor
- Full clean driving licence
- MUST HAVE Litigation experience
- DESIRABLE experience includes seeking/defending injunctions and litigation involving Human Rights or Housing Law
- To carry out professional duties as a qualified solicitor in connection with an assigned caseload primarily relating to the matters set out below.
- To have day to day conduct on behalf of the organisation of the defence and prosecution of litigation in the County Court, High Court and Small Claims Court.
- The litigation will primarily relate to recovery of possessions of the organisation
- To assist as required in the defence of judicial review applications.
- To provide accurate and timely advice on matters relating to the functions and exercise of the powers and duties of the organisation including the interpretation of legislation and the requirements of administrative law in respect of the actions and decisions made on behalf of the organisation .
- To carry out all the foregoing duties in a proactive manner and complying with all relevant time limits and Rules of Court.
- To participate in the organisation's training programme.
- To participate in corporate meetings as may be required.
- To undertake such other duties relevant to the department as may from time to time be required.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact David McCallum, Legal Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs