MCS Group is delighted to be representing our leading global client, who wish to appoint an experienced finance lawyer on a permanent basis. This is a senior position; therefore my client is keen to speak with legal professionals with 7 + years PQE.
This organisation is one of the world's most recognised professional services organisations, with a large workforce spread globally. They are also incredibly forward thinking, as well as boasting exceptional legal technology, progression opportunities, as well as being supportive of flexible working.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and assessing a wide range of financial services legal documents including general corporate banking, leveraged and acquisition finance, structured finance, derivatives documentation and key fund documentation and related material contracts
- Advising on Financial Services regulatory matters including IBOR Transition, MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, EMIR and other regulatory requirements as applicable to banks, insurers, funds and asset managers;
- Supporting clients in the negotiation and execution of a range of transactions and developing contract negotiation playbooks for clients;
- Supporting clients to leverage technology enabled workflows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution; and
- Business development, including over time building a network of referrers within the organisation as well as developing direct client relationships.
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction;
- Excellent academic background;
- Experience of advising on Banking and Finance, Funds and broad Financial Services matters and leading teams providing advice in this sector;
- 7+ years' PQE;
- Strong knowledge of the financial services regulatory space as it impacts on banks, insurers, funds and asset managers;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to use initiative and a willingness to embrace innovation and continuous improvement;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team as and when required; and
- Ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster; and
- Ability to coach and manage junior team members and provide quality assurance and control.
Knowledge of or previous experience in the Managed Legal Services industry or of working as an in-house legal counsel would be advantageous and looked on favourably. The successful candidate will be working with lawyers across the other UK offices and will be occasionally required to travel between offices.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert (Assoc. CIPD), Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs