Pensions Solicitor / Consultant - Global Professional Services Organisation - Belfast
MCS Group is delighted to be partnering with a leading professional services organisation based in the heart of Belfast, who wish to appoint a Pensions Solicitor / Consultant on a full-time permanent basis.
The Pensions Solicitor will work within a larger team broken down into various disciplines, working closely with a client manager on multiple cases across various different jurisdictions.
The successful candidate will respond to the needs of a range of stakeholders managing expectations of the client management team and members. In addition, you will use your legal skills to support the organisations group businesses.
On a daily basis you will be involved in the following activities:
- Working on a portfolio of cases, ensuring all statutory, regulatory and internal procedures are met.
- Forensic analysis of complex pension and company documentation and accounts, interrogating information to present the factual position.
- Working closely with third parties
- Working to deadlines for delivery of the projects, Fund projects
- Developing and gathering intelligence
- Dealing with confrontational situations over the phone calmly and well for the best outcome.
- Identifying and discussing with the client team any issues/problems, agreeing and completing appropriate actions.
- Drafting/preparation of documents required for statutory processes, preparing minutes of any meetings required.
- An experienced legal professional with 2 years+ PQE.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to articulate legal and technical points into layman's terms.
- Excellent project and budget management skills.
- Evidence/Portfolio of client management responsibilities.
- An individual who can demonstrate the broad spectrum of our competencies.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Forensic analysis skills.
- An understanding of pension trusteeship, with knowledge of developing/current pension industry issues.
- Knowledge of dealing with regulators such as The Pensions Regulator.
- Able to demonstrate technical understanding of legislation, regulations and other relevant legislation, codes of practice.
- Company secretarial experience and understanding of the Companies Act 2006.
- Experience of corporate insolvency procedures
- Experience of record reconstruction, data analysis and corporate insolvency and asset recovery.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud Sponsor of the Law Society of Northern Ireland
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs