Head of Legal - Growing Private Sector Organisation - Belfast
MCS Group is thrilled to be representing an expanding private sector organisation based in Belfast. This organisation has grown steadily over the past 12 months, excited to be offering this newly created Head of Legal opportunity, ultimately responsible for protecting the organisations legal and commercial interests as they continue to grow.
The organisation in question are a relatively young business, boosting significantly investment in the past 12 months, hence their needs to add an exceptional Head of Legal to the team. Creating and embedding an exceptional culture is high up on the organisation's agenda, a culture that empowers people and supports them to be the best and ultimately grow their career. This really is an exceptional opportunity for a highly experience Legal professional to head up the legal function of a high growth organisation.
An experienced commercial lawyer, you will be the go-to legal subject matter expert, protecting the organisations legal and commercial interests, guarding against any potential legal disputes.
The General Counsel will examine and draft IT, employment, real estate, negotiate and manage customer and vendor contracts. You will ensure legal compliance regarding industry law, mergers, and acquisitions (M&A) activity, employee safety and consumer protection. You will oversee compliance with corporate governance and establish the prudence of defending lawsuits and prosecuting.
Although working closely with our executive leadership team, this is a stand-alone role.
- Ensuring that the Group applies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and monitoring anticipated developments in the law and regulation.
- Providing clear, timely, commercial legal advice to identify and manage risks and highlight legal and regulatory opportunities.
- Identifying potential legal issues and formulating solutions to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Creating new entities and managing organisation's intellectual property.
The successful candidate
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 8+ years PQE with an established law firm.
- Proficient legal experience in private equity owned businesses
- Managing corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
What's on offer
- Highly competitive salary
- Chance to join an organisation with substantial growth plans
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert (Assoc. CIPD), HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud Sponsors of the Law Society of Northern Ireland
Experience: 0 yrs