Public Sector - Research Officer (Governance and EU) - Belfast
MCS Group is delighted to be partnering with a leading Northern Irish institution, based in greater Belfast, as they look to recruit a new Research officer on a 6 month contract basis. As the new Research officer, a you will be joining at an exciting time for this prestigious organisation and your prime focus will be on Governance and EU.
Reporting to a Senior Research Officer, the successful Governance and EU Researcher will be required to undertake impartial, accurate, evidence based research on matters relating to law, policy and practice relating to a range of governance issues, such as constitutional and institutional development and the impact on these of the UK's exit from the European Union.
The Researcher should have experience of conducting secondary research, requiring the use of a range of government, academic and other sources (including electronic databases), in this policy area.
The Researcher should also have the ability to synthesise the findings of secondary research to produce research briefings which are accessible to a non-specialist audience. These briefings are often required at short notice to meet set deadlines.
What is required?
- Relevant graduate level and post-graduate qualifications
- At least two years' experience in postgraduate employment experience, performing research on governance issues, such as constitutional and institutional development and the impact on these of the UK's exit from the European Union; and
- At least two years' experience in producing written research outputs and communicating research findings to key decision makers/key stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
- Producing research papers and material for Governance and EU
- Providing timely and accurate answers to queries
- Liaising with other significant departments
Why do you want this role?
- Salary - £44,601 - £45947
- Experience in Public Sector
- This is initially a 6 month contract, however there may be an opportunity for this role to become permanent
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud Sponsor of the Law Society of Northern Ireland
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs