Senior Disputes Solicitor
MCS Group is working with one of the world's leading law firms in helping them recruit a Senior Disputes Solicitor for their team in Belfast City Centre, on a permanent basis.
This is a chance to join a progressive, global Legal firm, offering a highly competitive salary, along with fantastic working conditions. This includes a flexible approach to working hours going forward, with working from home options available.
What do you need for the role?
- Qualified in England and Wales or Northern Ireland (ROI or other common law area shall be considered)
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- 4+ year's PQE gained working in litigation/disputes environment
- An eye for detail and excellent communication skills
Highly desirable criteria includes:
- Experience in a commercial legal environment, preferably a private practice law firm
- Experience of legal work for the Disputes practice group, with the ability to project manage
- Proven track record of managing project team
What will you be doing in the role?
Key role responsibilities include:
- Management of own fee earning workload;
- Supervision of the junior legal team on day to day fee earning projects and conducting fee earning work themselves, particularly of a complex nature;
- Supporting Managers with and where appropriate taking responsibility for project management of large scale document reviews pre-trial support for frontline instructing teams and customer file reviews or claims assessments;
- Business development both internally and externally; contributing to tenders and pitches, as well as liaising with colleagues across our global offices to develop new working partnerships and products;
- Scoping, set-up, training and pricing in relation to fee earning projects, often which are large scale;
- Supporting Managers with financial management, including reporting on WIP recovery and managing billing procedures;
- Ensuring own compliance with financial disciplines on matters (e.g. daily time-sheet recording and target chargeable hours);
- Recruitment support as and when necessary;
- Assisting Managers with people management, including performance reviews and performance management; and
- Contributing towards team business planning.
Why is this the role for you?
- The firms Belfast Hub is a leading light within their global brand
- Disputes is a dominant area for this firm and an area that is continually growing delivering a variety of opportunities
- You will be supporting senior lawyers and the exposure will help you not only develop your career but help you develop as a person working in modern legal market
- Highly flesible environment, with working from home options going forward
- The role offers a competitive financial package
The base salary is competitive and there is real opportunity to grow it based on performance in role. There will be opportunity to grow experience within the firm and prospects to move up and build a legal career.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Ryan Calvert at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
MCS Group - Proud Sponsors of the Law Society of Northern Ireland
Experience: 0 yrs