MCS Group is delighted to be representing global professional services organisation based in Belfast, who require an experienced Company Secretary on a full-time permanent basis. This role will be responsible for providing company secretarial services to a portfolio of existing clients within the organisation, as well as prospective new organisations.
The organisation is a global professional services business, with a presence in numerous locations globally, a presence which offers their workforce outstanding developing opportunities, with the ability to progress their career.
The Company secretary will provide Company Secretarial services to a portfolio of existing clients, as well as perspective new clients, ensuring compliance with corporate governance codes, principles of best practice and company secretarial procedures. The role will also involve undertaking work on behalf of other operating companies, particularly in respect of Companies House filings and stock exchange announcements.
- To convene, attend board and committee meetings.
- To liaise with Board members and other relevant parties in respect of meeting arrangements.
- To manage the timely preparation of agendas, action points and minutes arising from each meetings.
- To provide company secretarial support for the set-up of corporate entities and LP's in various jurisdictions as well as maintaining company records, share and registrar functions and system maintenance.
- To ensure adherence to good corporate governance principles concerning all Company Secretarial matters.
- To make stock exchange announcements as and when required.
- To co-ordinate the preparation of board packs and their timely circulation and dispatch in conjunction with the fund administration teams.
- To ensure good levels of communication with client teams (all levels of staff).
- To prepare notices, proxies and other supporting documents for General Meetings, including liaison with relevant legal advisors.
- To ensure the timely dispatch and collation of proxies where the client entity does not use an external registrar and liaise with the relevant administration team to ensure a quorum is obtained.
- To liaise with external Registrars in respect of the collation of proxies for relevant client entities.
- To ensure that statutory filings and payment of relevant fees are completed within statutory time frames.
- To ensure that databases and Document Management Systems are maintained in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To maintain the Company Secretarial Meeting Planner and Calendar.
- To assist in co-ordinating Company Secretarial aspects of new client take-on procedures.
- To ensure that the funds meet their on-going statutory and regulatory requirements / continuing obligations.
- To provide other related support services as and when required.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will possess the following
- At least 2-5 years' experience working in a Company Secretarial area, fund administration or similar environment.
- Knowledge of UKLA Listing Rules, MAR and the local regulatory framework.
- Qualified ICSA (or training toward this qualification) would be an advantage.
- Good experience of writing concise and accurate minutes.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- The ability to gain a good knowledge and awareness of the professional services
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook and other software packages including, Board Intelligence and Virtual Boardroom.
- A working knowledge and experience of Viewpoint and/or other systems would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team as well as on own initiative.
- The ability to keep clear and concise records and to add value to the Company Secretarial role.
- Motivated, efficient and well organised.
On offer is a highly competitive salaries and benefits package, as well as fantastic developmental opportunities within a global professional services
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Ryan Calvert at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
MCS Group - Proud Sponsors of the Law Society of Northern Ireland
Experience: 0 yrs