Vacancy Reference - 16349
Kennedy Recruitment are currently working in connection with their Public Sector Client to recruit a Temporary Band 6 Solicitor to be based in Belfast.
The post holder will assist in the provision of legal services to a range of clients within the particular organisation and provide services in accordance with the standards established by the Chief Legal Adviser. You will carry out these duties under the supervision of an Assistant Chief Legal Adviser who will directly allocate the caseload.
Main duties include:
* Investigate and assess clients' legal liability (both negligence and causation) in respect of individual claims
* Provide timely legal advice and opinions to clients in respect of their statutory responsibilities pursuant to child care law and adoption law
* Investigate Title deeds and other related documents of title in the preparation of contracts for the sale and/or lease of property
* Action clients' instructions in relation to the pursuit or defence of claims and possible settlement
* Provide timely legal advice in complex situations, both in writing and in person
* Qualified to practice as a Solicitor in Northern Ireland
* Previous post qualification practicing experience
*Be prepared to travel throughout Northern Ireland and hold a full current driving license (valid in UK) and have access to a car at the closing date or have *access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to carry out the duties of the post in full.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26 will be required before commencement of this position.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.