Vacancy Reference - 15850
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 3 Legal Assistant to be based in Belfast. Full-time position, consisting of 37.5 hours per week. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last for an initial period of 3 months.
The following duties will be required -
* Assist in the preparation of documentation and pleadings in connection with referrals from clients, drafting documentation and instructions and dealing with matters arising under the appropriate legislation
* Assist and liaise with Line Manager, Solicitors an Boards/Trusts personnel in collating material
* Assist in the preparation and maintenance of up-to-date statistics and information on the Legal Information System
* Assist in the preparation of Briefs for Counsel and where appropriate, arranges attendances on Counsel as and when required together with the attendance of witnesses at Court Hearings/consultations
* Liaise and corresponds with clients
* Delegate such functions to subordinate staff as are consistent with the overall efficiency and effectiveness with the Directorate
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* GCSE Maths and GCSE English OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
* Two A Levels or equivalent qualification OR higher qualification
* One year's relevant experience
18 months' relevant experience
Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.