Honeycomb is assisting our client, a leading global law practice, with the recruitment of a Document Specialist. The client boasts a market-leading reputation and innovative workspace. The work pattern is a 4 day week, hours of work are 22:00-09:00.
One of the leading international Legal practices with a truly global presence. Renowned for delivering excellence and demonstrating the highest level of professionalism. Heavily invested in their employees, they promote training & development, career progression and growth.
To provide timely and high-quality document checking, copy editing and proofreading service in accordance with the needs of the Department's clients. Duties include:
- Working with the department's clients liaising over instructions and clarifying queries as appropriate following the required administrative and technical procedures
- To proofread documents, accurately and effectively, using the department's standardised marks on hard copy or to edit documents accurately on screen or listen to and check oral transcriptions if requested
- To organise day-to-day department workflow in rotation with others, as follows:
- to book in work, following the agreed booking-in procedure, working with the department's clients and the Bridge to take instructions, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as appropriate to liaise with other Document Services departments to manage departmental deadlines to keep workloads under active review and ensure that deadlines are not at risk of being missed, and to follow procedures to ensure clients are informed of any potential issues
- Liaise with clients to take instruction, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as necessary
- To keep personal workload under active review and to advise Bridge, colleagues responsible for workflow, the department's clients or Supervisor immediately of any potential issues
- To provide advice for Clients with regard to the use of English language or house style issues and editing documents to improve readability if requested
- To ensure time is recorded accurately using automated time recording software and enable the department to charge back work
- To be flexible with regards to work location and working hours. It may sometimes be a requirement to work in the London office for special projects and meetings. Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off shift.
- To be flexible in undertaking these duties and any other duties as required
- Legal or similar professional services experience preferred
- Experience/understanding of the principles of effective work flow management
- Experience working on complex technical documents in client and deadline-driven environment
- Advanced technical skills to include the Microsoft Office package
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the needs of the business and the ability to proactively suggest how these should be met
- A background in Legal, Academia or Media/Print
- Previous experience working night shift
A salary of £19.5k and significant PHP.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Hannah Fleming, Specialist Consultant at Honeycomb on 028 96 207 050 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please contact us on 028 96 207 050.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs