Document Checker (Nights) -Belfast - £19,500 + significant PHP - career progression - urgent requirement
Document Checker (Full Time Night Shift)
£19,500 plus significant PHP plus company benefits and overtime
To provide a timely and high quality document checking, copy editing and proofreading service in accordance with the needs of the department's clients.
Shift: Tuesday to Friday, Wednesday to Saturday rotational shift, 3 shifts of 2230-0900 + 1 shift of 2300 to 0900, 37.5 hours a week.
- To build solid internal relationships through proactive communication with the Document Centre (in order to fully support training needs)
- To build and maintain good working relationships with other teams in Document Services and Business Services, both in Belfast and London
- To build solid external working relationships through proactive communication with the department's clients, the BS Management team, the Bridge and third parties.
Role and Responsibilities
- Working with the department's clients liaising over instructions and clarifying queries as appropriate following the required administrative and technical procedures
- To proofread documents, accurately and effectively, using the department's standardised marks on hard copy or to edit documents accurately on screen or listen to and check oral transcriptions if requested
- To organise day-to-day department workflow in rotation with others, as follows:
- To book in work, following the agreed booking-in procedure, working with the department's clients and the Bridge to take instructions, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as appropriate to liaise with other Document Services departments to manage departmental deadlines to keep workloads under active review and ensure that deadlines are not at risk of being missed, and to follow procedures to ensure clients are informed of any potential issues
- Liaise with clients to take instruction, clarify queries and renegotiate deadlines as necessary
- To keep personal workload under active review and to advise Bridge, colleagues responsible for workflow, the department's clients or Supervisor immediately of any potential issues
- To provide advice for Clients with regard to the use of English language or house style issues and editing documents to improve readability if requested
- To ensure time is recorded accurately using automated time recording software and enable the department to charge back work
- To be flexible with regards to work location and working hours. It may sometimes be a requirement to work in the London office for special projects and meetings. Although training will be provided on shift whenever possible, it may sometimes be necessary to attend certain training courses off shift.
- To be flexible in undertaking these duties and any other duties as required
- Legal, financial or similar professional proofreading services experience preferred
- Experience/understanding of the principles of effective workflow management
- Experience working on complex technical documents in client and deadline driven environment
- Eye for detail and computer literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent client service skills
- Good organising skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Committed to personal development
- A good team player
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary and company benefit scheme as well the opportunity to work in high quality office space in a supportive and collegiate team environment. This is a long term career opportunity.
What to do now?
Forward your CV immediately to our specialist recruitment consultant, Rachel Coleman via RachelC@hnhhumancapital.com or call on 02890 278155.