Your new company
A leading public-sector organisation are seeking to appoint a solicitor to join their Belfast team within the corporate service division.
Your new role
The key aspects of this role are:
- To carry out professional duties as a qualified solicitor in connection with an assigned caseload primarily relating to the matters set out below.
- To have day to day conduct on behalf of the organisation of the defence and prosecution of litigation in the County Court, High Court and Small Claims Court.
- The litigation will primarily relate to recovery of possession of the organisations dwellings on statutory grounds which include unacceptable behaviour, rent arrears, non-occupation , ejectment on title; injunctions to compel access to carry out gas inspections or view the state and condition of dwellings; defending or taking debt proceedings in the Small Claims Court.
- To assist as required in the defence of judicial review applications.
- To provide accurate and timely advice on matters relating to the functions and exercise of the powers and duties of the organisation including the interpretation of legislation and the requirements of administrative law in respect of the actions and decisions made on behalf of the organisation
- To carry out all the foregoing duties in a proactive manner and complying with all relevant time limits and Rules of Court.
- To participate in the organisation's training programme.
- To participate in corporate meetings as may be required.
- To undertake such other duties relevant to the department as may from time to time be required.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years' experience
- Current Northern Ireland Law Society - Practising Certificate.
- Full clean driving licence and access to vehicle.
- Experience of litigation (County Court and High Court)
- Access NI Clearance required
- IT / Microsoft Office Proficiency
- seeking/defending injunctions
- Advisory work or litigation involving Human Rights, Judicial Review, Housing Law and/or possession of property/recovery of debt; representation in small claims cases.
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive market rate and 21 days plus 12 public holidays pro rata to contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs