Your new company
A leading international legal practice at the forefront of the legal industry are seeking a Senior Trade Mark Attorney. Trademarks and designs are significant company assets, you will support brand owners in developing, protecting and exploiting their brand.
The firm is ranked as gold in the WTR 1000 review and provides a full spectrum of legal support for brand and trademarks in-house. You will work with a dedicated team of trademark administrators, attorneys and IP lawyers.
Your new role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing advice for trade mark and design filing strategies.
- Filing and prosecuting UK, EU and International (WIPO) trade mark and design applications through to registration and liaising with local agents in relation to national applications worldwide.
- Managing the renewal and maintenance of clients' global trade mark and design portfolios.
- Drafting of assignments, licences, security interests and supervising the changes of name/address at the appropriate Trade Mark Registries and instructing local agents in foreign jurisdictions.
- Carrying out availability searches and advising on trade mark and design availability for use and registration.
- Advising clients about filing strategies and trade mark and design use and maintenance issues.
- Advising clients on and dealing with registry objections and brand conflicts.
- Handling inter parties disputes before trade mark registries and supervising overseas disputes handled by foreign associates as well as negotiating and drafting settlements agreements.
- Supervising worldwide trade mark watching programs.
- Preparing and filing opposition, cancellation and revocation actions.
- Taking full responsibility for the client portfolio management database (WebTMS) including monitoring deadlines and working with partners and trade mark attorneys to ensure that deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Recruiting, supervising and training staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney with substantial experience, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical knowledge of trade mark and design prosecution is essential
- Strong academic credentials and strong English language capabilities
- French, German, Spanish and/or Italian language skills would be an advantage
What you'll get in return
- Market leading salary
- Additional benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs