Your new company
Hays Legal are delighted to be representing a Global Magic Circle Law Firm in their search for an Analyst to join their growing team in Belfast.
Your new role
- Taking responsibility for individual matter inception requests submitted via business acceptance system and then monitoring the progress of such requests to conclusion (using workflow technology).
- Analysing the information submitted by fee-earners in matter inception requests.
- Applying relevant laws, regulations and firm compliance policy to matter inception requests covering varied and wide-ranging work types.
- Performing relevant databases searches to satisfy the firm's regulatory requirements in relation to anti-money laundering and background checks on new clients.
- Liaising with relevant fee-earners and with support departments such as Finance and Business Development at appropriate stages of the business acceptance process.
- Assisting with review and resolution of alerts generated by client and counterparty ongoing screening tool.
- Applying judgement and decision-making in relation to individual matter inception requests and spotting and, if needed, then escalating any issues.
- Helping to develop internal databases of information for use in conducting regulatory checks and searches during business acceptance process.
- Providing reports and updates of items on work list as required.
- Assisting with monitoring service levels of unit (e.g. speed of responses and quality of decision making).
- Undertaking administrative duties including record maintenance as required.
- Being flexible in undertaking the above responsibilities and any others so required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of a 2:2 preferably in a business/law related degree.
- Strong analytical skills are essential.
- Experience of working in a law firm, risk and compliance or a financial services environment is preferred.
- Eye to detail, ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines at speed
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary and market package are all on offer for you in this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs