Your new company
Our Client is a leading FTSE 100 Company that service big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. They're recruiting for a number of exciting In House Commercial Solicitors roles to join their growing legal team in Belfast, offering excellent career prospects and terms including;
- Maternity Leave up to 52 weeks.
- 25 Days annual leave (increases up to 30 days with service).
- Pension Scheme: 5% employee, 10% company Contribution.
- Company Share Plan.
- Discounted digital products.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 10% on target bonus.
Your new role
These roles are important positions within the legal team and the business. The role holders will provide a first class legal, commercial and contractual service to the company.
- You will lead for the Legal team on bids regarded as being medium in complexity, but also support more senior lawyers on high complexity deals.
- Give clear and pragmatic legal guidance (and formal advice where appropriate) that helps the business understand legal risk, and maximise opportunity.
- Work with members on a range of legal matters, including disputes, product launches, new initiatives, legal interpretation, EU-GDPR and legislative changes.
- Develop and comply with the companies legal and compliance policies and strategies, including development and utilisation of standard contracts for provision of standard product offerings.
- Influence the strategic approach taken for the bids they are leading working with the deal leads.
- Assist in managing our external legal providers.
- Promote a compliance culture and model that is second to none in the industry and becomes an important selling tool for customer retention and new business acquisition.
- Identify other governance and compliance issues within and referring them to appropriate owners and support functions.
- Promote effective risk management - identifying, assessing and managing legal and commercial risk.
- Drive up levels of legal and commercial awareness across the business.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Legal & CoSec to support cross-working on business matters and other legal matters across the company.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders to understand their business, strategy and goals.
- Provide clear and effective briefings, and escalate issues of concern, within the reporting line and to stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be an ambitious qualified Solicitor.
- 1YR PQE + (All PQE Levels will be considered subject to relevant experience).
- Possess experience of reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal documentation.
- Commercial contracts experience is desirable.
What you'll get in return
- 10% on target bonus
- Maternity Leave up to 52 weeks
- 25 Days annual leave (increases up to 30 days with service)
- Pension Scheme: 5% employee, 10% company Contribution
- Company Share Plan
- Discounted digital products
- Flexible working arrangements
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs