Your new company
Our client is a global Magic Circle Law Firm in Belfast that are seeking an experienced lawyer (for a 12 month contract) to join its global in-house legal team. They are looking for someone who has strong legal and commercial skills who enjoys challenging themselves in the context of a varied and rewarding role.
Your new role
The in-house legal team includes a group of specialist contracts and technology lawyers who work closely with IT, Procurement, Legal Tech and Advanced Delivery teams to harness opportunities presented by technology and data analytics to solve legal problems in new ways. Examples of technologies being used to drive efficiency include contract lifecycle management tools, e-billing, document repositories and legal risk management tools.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on high value, complex commercial contracts with suppliers (including technology contracts) and dealing with a diverse range of internal stakeholders.
- Advising on data privacy issues relating to commercial contracts and innovation projects.
- Advising on the legal and regulatory implications of the firm's supply chain.
- Advising on the legal and regulatory implications of complex technology matters such as the firm's legal tech and innovation investments and strategies.
- Tracking and monitoring commercial contract-related activity within the team and maintaining associated documentation.
- Developing, maintaining and advising on of risk management policies and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
- 2:1 or above at degree level.
- Qualified lawyer with demonstrable corporate or commercial experience, ideally with at least 5 years' post-qualification experience.
- Experience of reviewing and drafting high value commercial contracts.
- A strong background in technology contracts including software development, reselling, licensing and support services.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory, compliance and professional conduct issues.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including liaising with clients and partners.
- A proven ability to work independently and proactively and take the lead in driving projects forward to completion.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage new and varied challenges.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Collaborative approach and ability to work well in a team.
- Proficient IT skills, including the ability to edit and produce own contract drafting.
What you'll get in return
A very competitive market salary and benefits package are on offer for you in this position along with flexible working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs