Your new company
Hays Legal are delighted to be exclusively representing a leading UK Blue chip Company in their search for two Commercial Solicitors to join their established In House Legal team in the Belfast office.
These are two unique In House Legal opportunities in the Belfast legal market offering excellent salaries and market leading packages. Both are permanent roles and our client encourages agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for their people and clients.
Your new role
- Negotiation of complex, high value and strategically important client engagement contracts, including regularly facing off with client legal teams and their external counsel
- Review, draft and negotiation of an array of commercial contracts, including MSAs/frameworks (including cross border), NDAs, proposals, sub-contracts, teaming agreements, software and product licences and supplier agreements, both national and international
- Adopting a solution orientated and risk-based approach, supporting the legal & risk team in driving this behaviour within the business and across the companies legal community
- Regularly monitoring, assessing and highlighting particular risk/legal trends and sharing this knowledge with other members of the team
- Providing support to the business, in the UK and wider company North South Europe, covering the entire sales cycle from supporting the engagement teams with their initial interactions with clients, to tender & bid response development and finally contract negotiations
- Assisting with the drafting of guidance notes on a variety of topics
- Supporting the legal & risk team in its advice to the company's management and practitioners on general legal and risk management issues, based on an understanding and appreciation of the key business risks that need to be managed
- Advising on and assisting in determining contracting and negotiating guidelines and policies
- Answering ad-hoc risk and legal queries from all business units
What you'll need to succeed
Experience and qualifications
- A qualified Solicitor with 3 + years PQE, or person with considerable experience in negotiating complex commercial contracts in an international context
- In-house experience desirable, but not essential
- Ability to manage a demanding work load effectively and to be responsive
- Experience of dealing with and managing senior management and stakeholders
- Awareness and interest in risk management
- Given international and cross border contracting, an additional language would be an advantage but not essential
What you'll get in return
A market leading salary, package with a broad range of benefits, agile working and career progression opportunity are all on offer for you in these roles.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs