Your new company
Hays Legal are delighted to be exclusively representing a highly successful International business in their search for In House Legal Counsel to join their Legal team in Belfast.
Your new role
The legal family of this organisation operates in full compliance with the law and as such in your new role you will advise the board and management teams on relevant legal issues and risks as a contribution to their strategic and business planning processes. You will also provide proactive legal advice so that issues are highlighted and managed early, facilitating smooth business process and avoiding surprises and delays as a result of legal or regulatory requirements or change.
In your new role you will;
- Report to Group General Counsel and work closely with commercial teams, providing expert legal advice, contracts management and legal compliance challenge and support across a range of the business.
- Take a key role in ensuring compliance risks are adequately identified, assessed, monitored and
controlled. Provide support for compliance decisions, escalating to Group Legal Counsel where issue resolution cannot be found. Ensure legislative changes are identified and considered
- Provides authoritative specialist advice to the business leaders, managers and commercial teams, ensuring legal compliance strategy and risk mitigation are embedded within business initiatives and change plans. Make authoritative recommendations about technical or professional solutions that would significantly improve business performance.
- Provide commercial teams with an effective contract service including drafting, reviewing, negotiation and approval for a range of contract types including supply agreements, purchase agreements, tender reviews, export contracts and non-disclosure agreements
- Develop strategic solutions to long-term business needs by anticipating complex issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Manage assigned external communications, including collaboration with third-party providers.
- Manage relationships with strategic internal customers, providing legal business partner support to develop knowledge and operational application of legal considerations and processes.
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive legal and compliance policy framework, applicable across the business, overseeing its local implementation. Understand and apply local policy / process variance to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory frameworks and Company Values.
- Create an environment where everyone in the team can live the Company Values.
- Create an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work.
- Understand, upholds and contribute to creating a safety-first culture within the Company. Ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gains or maintains external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfil personal potential. Maintain an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences and reading specialist media
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a qualified lawyer with approximately 4 Yrs + PQE of job-related experience which will enable you to provide leadership to others regarding work related systems, processes and challenges.
- Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Know the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- See ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance Company goals.
- Use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Develop and deliver communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Operate effectively, even when things are uncertain, or the way forward is unclear.
What you'll get in return
A very competitive salary, package of benefits and flexible working options are all available to you here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs