Your new company
Hays Legal are delighted to be partnering with a leading global law firm in their search for an employment Solicitor to join their ambitious team in Belfast.
The Belfast office plays an increasing role in delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions, as well as in coordinating teams of lawyers from around the world. The Belfast team are a key part of the Firm's advanced delivery of legal services to its clients, making intelligent use of technology and complementing the traditional law services provided by the firm throughout the world.
They've created a truly collaborative culture where talented individuals work together and can flourish to achieve great things. Recognised as one of the market's leading employment practices, they've experience of working with clients on both contentious and non-contentious work including employment documentation, workplace issues and policies, data protection, discrimination, restructuring and redundancies, executive issues, employment-related litigation and the impact of corporate M&A and restructurings.
Many clients are heavily invested in globalisation and continue to expand their international platform. This means that workplace issues have multiple dimensions: a strategic level, a cross-border level and a local dimension on the ground. With employment lawyers located across Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the U.S., They work in partnership with clients to develop individual, sophisticated and creative solutions to modern workplace issues.
The team is renowned for being at the forefront of using innovative tools to assist clients to meet their needs and challenges on HR-related matters. With a client-centric approach they cover not only standalone advisory and corporate transactional support but also provide clients with a more bespoke approach which includes providing training, regular legal bulletins and a broad range of value added services. They're re committed to the development of best practice within employment and devote a considerable amount of time and resources to training lawyers to ensure our clients receive the best, practical and robust advice.
Your new role
In your new role you will be;
- Providing strategic guidance to clients
- Advising on restructuring programmes, employment contracts, HR policies, diversity initiatives in addition to general employee relations and employment related cases
- Managing employment tribunal claims in addition to corresponding litigation and mediation * Attending client meetings
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development - development of personal plan; assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Legal research
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Supervision of junior team members
What you'll need to succeed
You will meet the below criteria;
- Qualified lawyer; 2 - 5PQE
- Strong technical knowledge with regards to employment law
- Strong transactional experience
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Sound experience of operating at associate level within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary, package and flexible working arrangements are all on offer here for you.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs