Your new company
Our client, a leading international law firm that operates in over 30 countries, are conducting a search for a number of ambitious Corporate Associates to join their dynamic Corporate team in Belfast.
The Belfast office plays an increasing role in delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions, as well as in coordinating teams of lawyers from around the world. Belfast is a key part of the Firm's advanced delivery of legal services to its clients, making intelligent use of technology and complementing the traditional law services provided throughout the world.
Your new role
Having developed the right level of legal experience as a Junior Associate, you will work independently, lead a team and be the first line of support for Associates and Senior Associates.
The team in Belfast work on the full range of corporate matters, with a particular focus on M&A, private equity and large-scale reorganisations.
The Corporate practice is a clear area of growth for the firm and as part of this our client are looking to strengthen their presence in Belfast to further compliment and develop the Corporate team.
- Senior or managing Associates
- Junior Associates
- Senior Legal Professionals and LPs
- Clients (internal and external)
- Legal Technology and Project Management Office teams
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a Qualified solicitor (or equivalent) with at least 2 years PQE working within a reputable firm in a corporate role Strong technical corporate experience with the ability to lead key corporate transactions, in particular leading on due diligence exercises
- Solid experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Broad understanding of general company law principles
- Interest in complex multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganisation and legal entity integration projects and experience of managing teams of overseas lawyers (often from other law firms) providing local law support to the client desirable
- Equity and debt capital markets experience desirable
- Consistently demonstrate a professional manner with evidence of exceptional levels of judgement, commercial awareness and critical thinking
- Strong focus on detail and high levels of self-motivation
- Proven ability to take ownership of own work
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong relationship-building skills - a team player with the ability to establish credibility and inspire confidence with clients and senior colleagues
- Must show evidence of a high level of personal resilience coupled with an ambition to continuously challenge oneself
- Demonstrate a high level of affinity with or willingness to use legal technology
What you'll get in return
You will receive an excellent salary, market leading package, discretionary bonus and flexible working from home options.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs