Your new company
A top 50 UK based law firm are seeking to appoint a NQ+ Solicitor with at least a seat in commercial litigation to their Belfast office and their growing Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team. This is a great opportunity to join a firm who are expanding their Belfast operation rapidly.
Your new role
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a leading UK firm within their growing Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team in Belfast working with major clients in the banking sector. Through the firm's national service lines, you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with the running of a significant caseload for key commercial client base
- Advising competently upon a range of contentious disputes and recovery issues with moderate supervision
- Assessing, and progressing a varied litigation caseload emanating from banks, businesses and corporations
- Attending Court and appearing as an advocate at Court hearings
- Assisting more senior solicitors upon larger cases and dealing with document management
- Actively involved in business development activities with clients and potential clients
- Actively involved in the production of legal updates and knowhow development
- Some supervision opportunities may be available in respect of other members of the team
- The ideal candidate will be tasked with handling a caseload of litigation cases including defended and sensitive reputational cases, breach of contract/mandate, fraud, financial disputes, equitable claims, IP disputes, shareholder disputes, landlord tenant disputes, and contentious property claims
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified solicitor of NQ+ level with experience gained preferably within commercial litigation i.e. at least one seat in commercial litigation within a commercial firm, city or regional.
- You will have experience gained in a similar role
- You will possess a strong client focus with the ability to build lasting relationships
- You will be keen and enthusiastic to learn and develop.
- You should be willing to go that 'extra mile'
- You should have the ability to operate effectively within a team environment
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary with a market leading benefits package, alongside having the opportunity to work for a top tier firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs