Your new company
A leading law firm in Belfast are in the market with an exciting new opportunity to enhance their Commercial Litigation team by recruiting an ambitious, up and coming commercial litigator.
The Commercial Litigation team needs no introduction in the local market, they've substantial experience in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution and litigation, dealing with cases in every tier of the court system together arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
The team are renowned for their focus on achieving the commercial objectives for their clients and as such they've significant expertise in resolving complex commercial issues, minimizing risk and liability for costs at the outset of a dispute through to advising on the best strategy for securing the desired outcome, whether by way of litigation, negotiation or alternative dispute resolution.
Your new role
Your role will be diverse, interesting and challenging, comprising a mixture of general commercial litigation work, including commercial contract disputes, insolvency disputes, construction and business disputes.
An important part of your role will be to provide direct support and assistance to Partners' in the team, whilst also helping with the management and development of more junior fee earners and contributing more widely to the team and its growth.
Responsible for the day to day running of files to include, but not limited, to;
- Running and managing own files, delegating to trainees and paralegals as appropriate;
- High Court and County Court Litigation as well as mediation and arbitration;
- Advocacy, where appropriate;
- Drafting documents and assist in managing/manage the dispute resolution process;
- Supporting the partners on large and more complex matters as well as generating a caseload of your own;
- Interact directly with clients, manage their expectations and meet their deadlines.
- Prepare and present training to clients on various aspects of the law as directed.
- To be fully involved in marketing and business development in a client focused manner.
- Organise and maintain tidy and accurate files both in hard copy and electronically.
- Provide support to the other fee earners within the department and to share knowledge as and when required.
- Follow department procedures, the Solicitors' Handbook and Firm's policies and procedures as detailed in the Office Manual, including LEXCEL.
- Undertake such duties and tasks that are appropriate for the role of Solicitor such as changes in information systems and new technology as may reasonably be required.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a qualified solicitor, at least NQ - 3 YR PQE gained as a Commercial Litigation Solicitor in a Commercial or Regional firm. (Additional PQE will be considered);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to prioritise workload to increase efficiency; Commercially aware, proactive and able to convey clear and concise information to clients.and external organisations, which will not compromise the practice or the firm;
- A high attention to detail to produce work / documentation which is consistently of a high standard;
- A flexible approach to work to ensure client deadlines are always met and clients are communicated with on a consistent and regular basis;
- Comfortable to undertake work with minimal supervision;
- Familiar with Word, Outlook and Internet applications.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary and bonus with excellent career prospects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs