Your New Company
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading Professional Services firm in Belfast that are recruiting for a Solicitor with a Banking & Finance experience to join their legal team in a state of the art facility in Belfast. You will be working closely with the London and other regional offices.
Our client, are looking for a talented and ambitious individual with a passion for client service. They're experiencing significant growth in both private and public sector practices largely due to their ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster.
This is the ideal environment for an individual who wants to be part of the future of legal services and solve real business problems.
Your new role
Specifically, the role is likely to include
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and assessing a wide range of financial services legal documents including general corporate banking, leveraged and acquisition finance, structured finance, derivatives documentation and key fund documentation and related material contracts ;
- Advising on Financial Services regulatory matters including IBOR Transition, MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, EMIR and other regulatory requirements as applicable to banks, insurers, funds and asset managers;
- Supporting clients in the negotiation and execution of a range of transactions and developing contract negotiation playbooks for clients;
- Supporting clients to leverage technology enabled workflows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution; and
- Business development, including over time building a network of referrers within the busines well as developing direct client relationships.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a Qualified solicitor in England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction;
- Experience of advising on Banking and Finance, Funds and broad Financial Services matters and leading teams providing advice in this sector;
- 0-4 years' PQE;
- Strong knowledge of the financial services regulatory space as it impacts on banks, insurers, funds and asset managers;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Use initiative and a willingness to embrace innovation and continuous improvement;
- Work both autonomously and as part of a team as and when required; and
- Harness new technology to deliver better services, faster; and
- Coach and manage junior team members and provide quality assurance and control.
What you'll get in return
An excellent market salary, package and progression opportunities are all on offer for you here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs