Litigation Solicitor, Belfast. Top National law firm wishes to recruit an experienced Solicitor with 5 years + PQE to join their busy team.
As a senior member of the team you will handle a varied caseload of litigated motor, fraud and casualty cases within the County Court & High Court jurisdiction up to a value of £100k. In addition you will have client account responsibilities aligned to specific clients.
Client account management
• Responsibilities for specified clients as agreed with Lead Partner, including attendance at meetings, regular contact, provision of MI and other support as required
• Support to junior File Handlers to ensure service is in line with client KPs, SLAs and handling ethics
• Create initial case strategy following Client Guidelines and review of information available
• Undertake discussions and negotiations with Insured, Insurer and Third Party Solicitors to pursue the rapid and appropriate settlement of cases and the apportionment of costs
• Undertake Court Hearings to ensure progress is maximised and all actions have been undertaken to bring the case to settlement
• Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management and management information systems to ensure completeness of records and aid business decision making
• Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
• Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements and Lexcel standards
• Updating reports
• Meeting agreed performance targets
• Ensuring files are kept within ISO 9001 guidelines
• Provide written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested
• To ensure compliance with the LSNI guidelines
Essential Skills and Attributes:
• Proven track record of building and maintaining client relationships for the retention and growth of client accounts
• Litigation experience, handling own caseload, up to £100k value
• Previous experience of Motor & Casualty
• Team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent forensic skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks and to work under pressure.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently, keeping to strategy but flexible enough to adapt to change
Competitive Salary and benefits on offer for the successful candidate.
For more details please email your cv in confidence through the link above. For a confidential discussion please call Orla Milligan on 02890826044 or 07526839030
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this