Litigation secretary / PA, 9 months contract. Our client a large national law firm based in Belfast City Centre is currently looking to recruit a Personal Assistant on a fixed term maternity cover contract into their Belfast office working 30 hours per week.
The role is to provide a comprehensive administrative and secretarial support function within the firm and to also provide high quality documents and correspondence to the department.
Ideally, they are looking for a PA/Legal Secretary with Motor/Fraud/Insurance experience.
- Process correspondence and documents for the team.
- Audio and copy typing of legal documents using digital dictation.
- To undertake various administrative duties which may include the following:
- Keeping files up to date (hard and soft copy);
- Preparing files for archiving;
- Dealing with faxes, photocopying and scanning;
- Dealing with phone calls in a prompt and efficient manner;
- Liaising with clients via telephone and email;
- Arranging meetings, conference calls and seminars as and when necessary;
- Maintaining Partners/fee earners diaries and follow up system;
- Travel co-ordination – transport and accommodation arrangements;
- Organise events for the department;
- Organise couriers;
- Prepare and amend PowerPoint presentations;
- Co-ordinating billing within tight deadlines, printing and saving bills to directories and dealing with cheque requests;
- Monitoring and updating intermediary and client contact database;
- Preparation of E-bibles;
- Support the Finance team as and when required.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the department, your colleagues and the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Ability to deal with confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels using varying methods.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritise their own workload.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Hardworking, flexible and adaptable in their approach.
- Proactive in work ethic and strive for continuous improvement.
- Experience of digital dictation systems to a competent level is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
A competitive package, including excellent holidays is on offer for the successful candidate. A clear career path and excellent career prospects.
For more details please contact Orla Milligan at Energis Recruitment on the number above or email your cv to
orla @energisrecruitment.com in complete confidence.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this