Web Developer (UI/ UX, Contract)
VANRATH are delighted to be partnering once again with one of the world's leading financial companies in seeking a diligent Web Developer (UI/ UX, Contract) to join their team. The successful Web Developer (UI/ UX, Contract)will have 3+ years of expertise in the design of engaging user experiences, to work on a range of client applications and projects - from mobile apps and beyond.
As an effective Web Developer (UI/ UX, Contract) you should be independent, self-motivating and thrive on working in a fast paced environment, where the focus is firmly on our users. You will have expertise in UI design and user research. You will be an influencer and a negotiator with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
As a member of the cross-functional team, you will collaborate with business analysts, marketing teams, graphic designers, developers and QAs, following Agile methodologies and working across geographic boundaries.
* Translate business and product requirements into an engaging and appealing user experience
* Collaborate with business, designers, product owners and developers to determine optimal solutions
* Adopt an iterative approach to interaction design, with a focus on inspecting and adapting to ensure delivery of a useful and usable product
* Use qualitative and quantitative research and metrics to affect key decisions and enhance the user experience
* Create wireframes, user flows, hi-fi and low-fi prototypes
* Play an active role in user research activities
* Document and maintain detailed user interface and interaction specifications
* Creation, maintenance and promotion of UI and branding standards, and design patterns
* Champion the customer experience and promote usability best practices
Qualifications & Skills:
* 3rd level qualification - HCI, Psychology, Communications, IT-related or equivalent degree preferred
* 3+ years of industry experience in user centred design methods and techniques to create viable solutions for multiple devices (desktop, tablet, mobile - both responsive sites and apps)
* Fluency in best practices for user experience design, and strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Proficiency in a variety of prototyping and design tools e.g. Axure, JustInMind, Visio, Gliffy, Balsamiq, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
* Ability to liaise with business and technology groups
* Conducting and presenting results of usability research including user testing, contextual interviews, developing personas etc
* Development and implementation of design patterns, branding guidelines and standards
* Financial/Futures industry experience is a plus
* Experience in working across geographic boundaries
As an experienced Web Developer (UI/ UX, Contract) you will earn a very competitive daily rate.
For further information on this role or any other IT jobs please contact Orla Fitzsimons in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250 or apply via the link on this page.
Experience: 0 yrs