Software Developer (C#)
VANRATH have an exclusive opportunity for a talented Software Developer specialising in C# to join an industry leading client as they continue to expand their team here in Northern Ireland.
By joining this company you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your career with a company that has innovation and integrity at its core. You will be a key member of the development team who are multi-skilled and all helping each other to ensure that the company continues to expand and move from strength to strength. The office atmosphere is professional but also fun. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team working with the latest technology with room for progression. This is company who are a leading global provider of cloud-based software for the insurance industry.
As part of their expansion they are looking someone knowledgeable and talented to join their team of developers. The right person will play a key role in completing complex tasks for their products. In this role the developer will be joining an Agile team to help design, develop, test and maintain innovative software. The team are advocates if Agile development and believe in Test Driven Development. The want an experienced developer who will focus on delivering clean, well written applications developed using OOD principals. They want a developer who wants to work with the latest technology, but who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty with cleaning up Legacy code.
The Ideal Person:
- At least 3 years experience in enterprise software development using C# .Net
- Good SQL knowledge with MS SQL Server
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or BEng) or equivalent in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience of one or more Agile framework, ideally Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of Agile engineering practices
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, web-services, REST and authentication patterns)
- Exposure to at least one service bus technology, ideally NServiceBus or Rabbit MQ
- Good experience coding tests in C# for BDD (Gherkin) with SpecFlow and web tests using Selenium
- Development experience with non-core Microsoft technologies such as knockout.js and/or React
- Experience of good OO practices and patterns, including SOLID, Gang of Four Design Patterns and Clean Code
- Experience with TFS, Git, Respharper, NCrunch
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Someone who keeps up to date with relevant developments in technology
- Flexible working and occasional remote working when necessary
- Frequent social events
- 20 days paid leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Software job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Megoran in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Experience: 0 yrs