Used Cars NI is part of the Net-finity Group of companies, which since foundation in 2003 has achieved consistent double digit annual growth. We have a team of 10 permanent employees, who all really pack a real punch within our business. Our people are multi-skilled, enthusiastic and opinionated - we all play an active part in helping shape the strategy and direction of the business. We believe in independent thinking and robust debate, and we are looking for another key team member to contribute to the debate on how we develop and evolve our technology platform going forward.
Our product development is outsourced, with the major part of development of the sites being carried out by a single overseas partner company, and a local agency providing additional programming and consultancy for specific projects as required. Within the company, product development is actively managed by a small business development team which includes the Managing Director, Business Development Manager and Product Development Manager.
Our sites are fully responsive and our core services are delivered using object-oriented PHP5/PHP7 and MySQL on a Linux VMware platform and our technology stack supporting technologies include:
- iPhone apps are developed in Objective-C and we use Ruby on Rails for specific applications.
The selected candidate will join our team in Belfast as a Senior Programmer. It is envisaged that this role will develop over time to encompass a significant degree of technical leadership, working closely with our in-house product team and our outsourced development partners to devise and implement a technical roadmap to continue to improve our systems.
If you are the successful candidate you will have experience and a high degree of proficiency in PHP/MySQL, but this should not be the limit of your interests. We understand that over time we will need to investigate and embrace new technologies and languages, and so we are looking for an employee who is forward-thinking and abreast of developments at the cutting edge of web programming.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in web programming, particularly PHP/MySQL, and be proficient in the different technologies listed above that are used within the company.
- Experience of and proficiency in object-oriented programming principles.
- A passion for internet technologies in general and a broadly based, up to date knowledge of the subject.
- Familiarity with Git or similar code control system.
- Familiarity with unit testing principles.
- A good understanding of adaptive/responsive design.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A team player approach – someone who enjoys the challenge of pitching ideas, persuading and cajoling, as well as taking on board and driving forward the ideas of others.
- An honours degree qualification or exceptional relevant experience which can substitute.
- The ability to work independently and manage a diverse workload.
Salary Package: £40k+ neg, with pension and bonus opportunities.
Hours: Standard Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Location: Based in our head office at 88 Lisburn Road, Belfast. Travel required only very occasionally, eg for training or conferences.
On-call requirements: Flexibility to meet the business needs.
To Apply: Please forward your CV in the strictest confidence to the Managing Director via the apply link below.