Job Specification – Senior Web Developer
Job Title: Senior Web Developer
Reporting to: Senior Web Manager
Job Reference: TTL/SWD/0517
- To develop high quality websites and web applications which delight our customers and their customers.
- To help develop how we as a business execute our projects from an engineering prospective.
The Tomorrow Lab is an exciting creative agency with a growing interest in Web Applications. As part of the Pierce Partnership we offer a combination of design, digital and print services for our clients. We operate throughout Ireland and the UK.
As a senior web developer with strong commercial experience - this is a great opportunity for you to make your mark in the digital industry in Ireland and the UK. You will be focused on the best results for the client and be able to self-manage your time to do so. You will be happiest in a challenging environment and be able to hit the ground running.
Working at The Tomorrow Lab
At The Tomorrow Lab we provide:
- A competitive salary
- You’ll work a 40 hour week
- Challenging and interesting work for big name clients
- Attendance at top web conferences
- 30 paid holidays rising to 33 after 3 years (including statutory holidays)
- Private Health Scheme
- Contributory pension scheme incl. life insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Company-sponsored nights out
- Employers for Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
What we are looking for
We need an experienced PHP Developer, with at least 3 years of experience in a similar role, with a history of putting together really great work. You’ll have the required skills and some of the desirable experience.
- Understanding of html + css
- OO Programming
- Basic understanding of Unit Testing
- Basic understanding of Virtualisation
- Continuous Development
- Shell Scripting
- Integration Testing
- Gulp (or Similar)
- Basic understanding of working in Linux CLI environment
Detailed Job Criteria
Good communicator (verbal & written)
Good general level of education
Experience & Skills
3 + years in a Web/Software Development role
Object Orientated Programming
CMS / Framework Experience
Basic Understanding of Testing Concepts
Understaning of Unit Testing
Basic Understanding of Virtualisation
Version control concepts
Nginx or Apache
Understanding of deployment from a repository
Personality and Disposition
Willing to learn
Willing to try new technologies/techniques
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
What we’d like to see
If it sounds a bit like you, then please get in touch by sending a CV, with a cover letter VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON
If you have a public GitHub/Bitbucket or similiar account, please provide a link to it, so that we can have a look!
On receipt of your CV, you will then be forwarded a separate monitoring form as part of the process.
No late CVs or CVs without a completed monitoring form will be accepted.
Closing Date: 12:00 noon 8th June 2017
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.