Software Engineering Manager
The Role – Software Engineering Manager
Due to continued growth, a highly desirable Software Engineering Manager role has become available within a well-established technology house in Belfast. Your ability to nurture potential within engineering teams, drive best practices and deliver best in class software solutions will be integral to success in this position.
What does the company do?
Originally headquartered in Boston, this Belfast based software centre has full responsibility for the software lifecycle of key products within the suite and are making a huge contribution to the success of the global brand. As leading providers within payment technologies, they employ over 100 extremely talented software professionals within their modern tech centre. The firm develops a range of cutting edge solutions used around the globe by brands and organisations of varying sizes. Over the last few months, we have placed several software professionals with this company and the feedback has been unanimously positive – you’ll be working with some of the most talented technologists in Belfast who really care about the future of the product.
Why should I be interested in this Software Engineering Manager role?
- Unlock the potential of new and existing engineers in a role that combines hands on coding with hands off leadership duties
- Strong history of internal promotions – in a single 12-month period, 30 staff in the engineering teams have been promoted
- Responsible for multiple engineering teams across the full life-cycle of the company product suite
- Push the boundaries of software quality whilst maintaining the haste expected of a leading software house
- Build strong relationships with internal teams and offshore colleagues – run stand-ups and facilitate conference calls with other offices
- Nurture the abundance of talent in-house through performance reviews and career management and bring on new talent by conducting technical interviews
- Full access to an on-site technical library where tools are available to grow and learn
- Annual, week long training seminars facilitated by company directors
- Here to stay! – desirable office space with a twenty-year lease and expansion on the horizon
- Fuel your passion for technology in an environment that encourages self-learning and an up-to-date knowledge of current tech trends – Hackathons and Fixathons
- Core hours with flexibility outside of these
Company Benefits for a Software Engineering Manager include:
- Very competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus 10 stats
- Pension Scheme, Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance, Income Protection, Private Medical
- Free subscription to Belfast Bikes initiative
- Fantastic team culture – monthly team events
- Modern, award-winning Belfast office space with free on-site parking
- Pool tables, beer fridges, free fruit and regular staff social engagements
What do I need to get this Software Engineering Manager role?
- Degree educated in relevant field
- An extensive background in software engineering encompassing Lean/Agile environments and with advanced knowledge of two of the following - C, C++, C# or Java
- Proven experience in an engineering management capacity (or equivalent) with evidence of leading teams
- Experience working in a product led environment with a strong understanding of test engineering or quality assurance
For more information about this Software Engineering Manager role (or any other) please apply via the link below or call Connor McLernon for a confidential chat.
Alternatively, if this role is not right for you, share it with your network of family and friends and you could avail of our £250 referral scheme when we successfully place them.
Experience: 0 yrs