Software Engineering Manager - Belfast – Java / FinTech background
Software Engineering Manager– Belfast – Top New US/Belfast Tech Firm - Virtual Interview Process – Remote Onboarding – One of Belfast’s top benefits packages
A leading investment firm, headquartered in the USA, that has been around for over 20 years. Today, they continue to leverage cutting edge technology and talent across several sectors including Trading Technology, E-Sports and many others!
They have recently set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Belfast – have hired around 15 talented technologists throughout 2020. They are building teams that are fully functional with leadership, back- and front-end development, data engineering and testing, located in Northern Ireland. They are now on the lookout for a Software Engineering Manager to take charge of a talented and diverse Engineering Team – focussed on their proprietary Trading and Clearing products. The ideal candidate will have exposure to Engineering Management within a Java development environment, ideally with exposure to trading / capital markets related technologies.
The Software Engineering Manager role:
As a Software Engineering Manager, you’ll have a big impact across the company, partnering with the company’s Product Managers, and having input into the roadmap and engineering strategy. You will predominantly be supporting the engineering of the firm’s trading and clearing products – and will:
- Manage a local team of engineers, overseeing an efficient team delivery process that delivers roadmap features
- Collaborate with other team members, internal product managers, and external customers & partners
- Coach and develop software engineers by setting performance expectations, performance reviews, promotions, career planning
- Act as an ambassador both internally and externally and actively be involved in recruiting
Why should I be interested in this Software Engineering Manager role?
- Senior, technical role with influence in a New US / Belfast Tech firm with modern development practices – in growth mode
- Highly competitive salary up to £80k and one of Belfast’s top benefits packages including: 10% Bonus, Medical and Dental, 7% pension
What do I need?
This role will suit someone who has a customer/product mindset – and flourishes in a fast-paced environment – and enjoys remaining “hands-on” / close to the technology. Ideally you will possess:
- Experience working in Capital Markets preferably with Quantitative background
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 2-4 years’ experience managing Agile software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Technical hands-on coding background, preferably with Java and Go
For a chat about this Software Engineering Manager role (or any other) give Claire Nixon in RealTime Recruitment a call.
Experience: 0 yrs