Senior Software Engineer (Blockchain & Bitcoin Lab)
Senior Software Engineer (OOP languages)
Blockchain Lab | Bitcoin Exchange
Belfast City Centre | Salary up to £50,000 | Bonus & Stock Options
Node.js | Azure/AWS | DevOps
What does the company do?
The company has expanded enormously over the last 20 years and now exemplifies some of the most cutting-edge technology in the world and more specifically Blockchain technology in the local market! This meteoric rise has not gone unnoticed and you shouldn’t be surprised to see this organisation regularly on ‘Most Innovative’ plaudit lists. The company operates on a global scale, we’re talking over 10,000 employees worldwide, however that does not stop the CEO providing live weekly updates to the whole organisation without fail. This alone emphasises the culture on offer here but don’t let the scale frighten you as the Belfast site is home to 15 supremely talented and enthusiastic IT professionals. There’s a strong spread of work on offer too, ranging from banking/finance, mobile, E-commerce, digital, streaming and even Cryptocurrency!
Techs include: Node.js, Linux, Postgres, Maven, npm, Jenkins, Git, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
Why should I be interested in this Senior Software Engineer role?
- Work alongside a fantastic VP of Engineering who has a genuine passion and enthusiasm for technology and strives to breed an environment that echoes this
- Opportunity to have your career and professional growth aspirations matched
- Join a company on the up – plans to make another five additions to the team across multiple disciplines
- Embed within small Agile teams at the core of delivering blockchain based solutions
- Your team will take ownership of the full end-to-end solution from inception to production
- Mature culture where you will be exposed to modern tech stacks in an encouraging environment
- Work extensively with Blockchain and Cryptocurrency technologies
- Solid emphasis on work/life balance and this ethos is embedded throughout the entire company
- Very strong Belfast engineering team – you will be learning from amazing Architects
- City centre location – extremely accessible
Benefits for a Senior Software Engineer include:
- Salary up to £50,000
- 10% bonus
- 6% pension (employee contribution 1%)
- Potential for stock options
- 5 days holidays all inclusive
- Flexible working
- Medical cover, Critical illness cover & Income protection
- Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme & Childcare vouchers
What do I need to secure this Senior Software Engineer job?
- At least 4 years commercial experience in an Agile Software Developer/Engineer role utilising a DevOps approach to software delivery
- Strong knowledge of Node.js is preferred however expert proficiency in other OOP development languages can be considered (please note, you will be working predominantly in Node.js)
- An understanding that this role will encourage you to be out of your comfort zone and not siloed
For more information about this Senior Software Engineer role (or any other) please call Connor McLernon on 02895 211 121 or apply via the link below.
Alternatively, if you feel this role isn’t for you but know someone who may be interested, share the link to this ad and you could avail of our £250 referral scheme if we successfully help them find employment.
Experience: 3-4 yrs