Head of UX Design in Belfast – Leading Tech Company
“Good leaders build lasting relationships.”
It’s a generic sentence but let’s apply it to UX Design specifically.
A UX Design leader is trusted with building relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and most importantly, end users.
That’s exactly who we’re searching for here, so how do you fit in?
There’s a large roadmap of work in the pipeline and you’ll be tasked with all things design related when it comes to delivery of these new features.
You’ll work collaboratively with your colleagues across Engineering and Product teams to ensure that new product features and user experiences are second to none across mobile and web applications.
You will be the go-to person for design across the whole company, that’s three offices and have 5 UX colleagues under your wing.
It’s a sizeable role for sure, so how will you be rewarded?
- An unrivalled basic salary making you amongst the top earners within Design in Belfast
- 28 days holidays + stats, promoting a healthy work-life balance
- Share options, 4% pension, life insurance
- Health, dental, optical cover
- £750 annual self-learning budget
- And more…
Great design leaders come from a variety of backgrounds so it’s not about having followed a rigid path to get where you are now. However, there are a few criteria that you’ll need to meet:
- At least 8+ years’ experience in a commercial UX Design including designing for mobile apps
- You’ll be at an equal level of seniority – Head of Design, Director of Design, Design Lead – but it’s important that you’ve managed Design teams at that level
- Strong proficiency with relevant design tools and processes
There’s a vibrant culture to become part of, one that’s grown rapidly in the last 10 years.
Charity events are common, you can expect to be welcomed to the ‘family’, workplace awards sit proudly in the offices and you’ll be right at home if you share a ‘fight for the little guy’ mentality.
£40million has been secured in funding this year alone so you don’t need to be worried about job stability.
If you see yourself as a design leader and tick the boxes above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Call Connor today for a chat.
Experience: 7-8 yrs