MCS Group is once again delighted to be partnering with a Belfast based power-house in their search for ambitious Web Developers. They will offer you forward thinking remote working options and development into modern programming frameworks.In applying for this role you will enjoy a straight forward interview process and comprehensive remote onboarding.
But don't just take my word for it:
Donal, Senior Engineer:
"I joined in March 2020, pre covid. I spent two weeks in the office in before working remotely.
Working from home has been a change of pace but the collaboration of the team and the communication/care from the management team has been very consistent. I was very impressed with the way the company facilitated the smooth transition for all employees during this period.
From my experience I feel I am a valued member of the team and have been given responsibility such as main developer on projects. This has allowed me to have creative control over the implementation of various changes along with architectural influence.
After 11 months I have been fortunate to be promoted to a Senior Software Engineer, an example of how the company values their employees."
What else is interesting about this role?
- You will be working a fantastic suite of technologies on a fully greenfield project
- You will be one of the first hires for this brand new team in Belfast
- You will be instrumental in deciding how the application will be re-built and will provide your expert analysis on how the project should be approached and delivered
- You will be joining the team at a time of massive growth/change as they double their headcount and migrate to AWS
- Proven career progression
- Varied project work on applications which make a huge impact globally
- Work within a truly Agile environment with Lead Engineers dedicated to mentoring you to become a better Engineer
- Opportunity to experiment with various technologies to help you reach the best solution and overall approach
- Certified training courses to assist you in learning new technologies
- Excellent remuneration package and insurances
What will I be doing?
- Taking ownership of how the applications will be re-built with a willingness to gain exposure to Architecture and contribute to overall analysis for design
- An appetite for working in coherence with both internal and external customers
- Experience of working within an Agile Team
- Clear communication to both senior management and key stakeholders
- A constant desire to remain up to date with industry developments and emerging technologies
- Working with test architects to support testing strategies and introduction of TDD practices to drive higher quality code
- Participate in retrospectives on a regular basis alongside work with the Technical Development Manager to provide information on time and resource estimates
- Risk and issue management
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- An understanding of web technologies, in particular http, web-services and RESTful APIs.
- Commercial experience developing SPA/Progressive web apps with React and Redux
- Understanding of authentication with tokens.
- Working with JSON documents and serialisation of data types
- .NET and C# with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Software testing with TDD techniques - unit and system testing
- Experience with Continuous integration and continuous deployment CI/CD
- Exposure to agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Holly Winch, IT Sourcer at MCS Group 028 96 935498.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs or give us a call 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs