MCS Group are proud to be partnering up with a global Software company who have shown a massive commitment to the development of their new Belfast based Technology Hub!
This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced leader in the local market who is interested in joining one of the fastest growing companies (in their field) in the US. This is a brand new role that was created in order to expand the current leadership strategy as our client prepares for more growth in Belfast over the coming years.
Although new to Northern Ireland, our client is still very much a big player on a global stage within their field; one of the fastest growing and most well respected too. Their software is used by millions of people every year and is one of the first platforms of its kind to be released into the US market. With some competitors coming behind them, our client still stands as the leading go-to platform for the bespoke services they provide.
The Vice President of Software Engineering will be responsible for the design and development of a disruptive cutting edge platform to support and underpin this new model. They are seeking a visionary, entrepreneurial leader with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to lead a cross-functional engineering team delivering software on a regular cadence in alignment with a product roadmap.
This new position will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentor ship and function as our software development site lead for our Belfast office as we look to expand and execute on our product vision. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a highly talented technical team in building a best in class software system leveraging the latest technology solutions to support the delivery of insurance products in new and innovative ways.
- Provide leadership to software engineering and product development initiatives with a focus on delivering high quality solutions quickly and profitably.
- Partner with the Belfast leadership to manage talent, hire the best and oversee the development of a technical roadmap that will match their business ambitions.
- Serve as a mentor and coach for software engineers, team lead and engineering managers, empowering them to be independent owners of functional areas. Drive local decision making, putting an org structure in place that scales well over time.
- Collaboration is a key skill for this role and the entire team. The candidate must be proficient at communicating at all levels.
- Help define, oversee, and manage the execution of a technical roadmap to support ambitious business objectives.
- Contribute to the development and execution of platform strategies, inclusive of software, programmable infrastructure, security, and operational design.
- Continuously improve deployment frequencies and stability of engineering solutions.
- Focus on delivering results. Estimate, balance resources, and plan to ensure stable operations and best-in-class execution across all of engineering.
- Review and refine software engineering practices and continuously improve software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale.
- Look for ways to automate and improve current processes/solutions within the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- 10+ years software engineering and technology management experience with a minimum of 5+ years in a senior leadership role overseeing engineering budgets and initiatives.
- You have been responsible for leading engineering teams and supporting enterprise platforms at scale.
- You foster a collaborative, inclusive and diverse teams in which people are empowered to perform at their best.
- You have experience working in a fast moving agile environment.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent your teams and communicate your message across technical and non-technical teams.
- You are driven to work in a fast moving technology landscape.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills, project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling, and resource management.
- A strong solution orientation with a penchant for not only identifying problems but also finding ways of solving them within typical business constraints.
- You show an eagerness and passion to learn, instilling the same passion in your teams.
- Experience integrating with partner solutions
- You have experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in the Microsoft Software Development Technology Stack
- Salary - up to £105,000
- 10% bonus
- 5% matched pension
- Lots of flexible working
- Remote options available
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Christian Campbell, Manager at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs