MCS Group is delighted to be working on behalf of our innovative and forward-thinking client, to recruit for the fantastic role of Test Manager.
As Test Manager, you will be responsible for leading the testing of complex enterprise software solutions with a strong focus on continual quality improvements to processes.
You will have previous experience of test management within a complex environment. You'll be well versed in testing, development and small change, and have a strong IT background.
- Production of Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Specifications for complex enterprise solutions covering functional and non-functional testing.
- Leading the Test Management and Test Execution of complex enterprise solutions.
- Acting as a QA point of contact for customers.
- Working with Project Managers and Service Managers to standardise and optimise testing activities across projects and small change.
- Task management for the offshore test teams.
- Understanding best practise in testing methodologies & tools to recommend enhancements to these areas so making the testing process more efficient and effective.
- Work closely with the Management team in Chennai to ensure there is sufficient resource to deliver the testing associated with customer sponsored projects.
- Test status reporting to relevant governance forums and project stakeholders.
- Substantial experience in Software Test Management on bespoke Enterprise Solutions (ideally within the Public Sector).
- Experience of setting up and implementing an automated suite of regression tests including the ability to provide best practise recommendations.
- Experience of providing testing consultancy to customers.
- Experience in working with offshore teams.
- Experience in Agile, Waterfall and V-Model methodologies.
- Good knowledge of standards and procedures, relating to testing and the software development lifecycle.
- Previous experience of delivery of performance testing.
- Flexibility to travel overseas to engage with the offshore teams.
- ISEB/ISTQB Advanced Test Manager certification
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Barry O'Neill, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 969 354 94
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
Experience: 0 yrs